locked Re: Microphone Icon on Win10 #FT8

Bill Somerville

On 24/05/2021 02:28, George Weller wrote:
Old laptop died.  Loaded everything on the new one ('waaay faster!) and everything works (after some effort).  But one thing, I haven't seen before.  In the Win10 tray, a microphone icon.  Mouse over, and it says "WSJT-X is using your microphone".  And the icon goes away on Xmit, comes back on Rcv.  It seems to have no bad effect, as PSKreporter shows my signal decoded all over the place. Haven't seen this on other apps.  Maybe it's just a twist from the latest build of Windows.  Anyone else seen this?
Hi George,

it is a Windows 10 security feature, it should ready say "WSJT-X is using one of your recording devices". Just a reminder that an application is making a recording of something.