locked Re: Receive only decoder #general

Tom V. Segalstad

Hi Mike

There is an app for PC, and for mobile phone (at least for Android type phones), which is able to decipher a number of digital modes. It is called «SignalID» for «Automatic Radio Signal Identification».

SignalID can at this time recognize the following digital modes:

RTTY (85 Hz, 170 Hz, 450 Hz, 850 Hz, and amateur 170 Hz).

STANAG 4285 (GEN, SYS3000 FEC, 8PSK, TFC, IDLE, SYS3000).

FT4

FT8

The authors of this app are working to include more kinds of digital modes.

And there may be other apps doing this digital deciphering also?

The SignalID app can be downloaded from «Google Play» or from the following web sites:

https://github.com/Neosama/SignalID

or

https://apkpure.com/signalid-automatic-radio-signal-identification/com.tortillum.signalid

When you start the app, you will see a button labeled «0 – 30 MHz», hence it is set for HF and frequencies below.

If you press that button, the SignalID app will work for modes used from 30 MHz and upwards in frequency.

You get more info by pressing the «+» button in the upper left corner of the screen.

See the copy of the screen in the picture below.

73 and good luck from Tom, LA4LN

SignalID for Android - APK Download