locked Problem with SCU 17 CAT control on FT450D #Cat_RigControl

Austin 2E0MNV

Hi,
Wondering if someone can help.  I packed all my gear away for three months and recently set it back up.
Now when I change frequency band in WSJT-X using cat control, the rig momentarily flickers between VFO A and B before settling on VFO A. It never used to do this before and none of my settings have changed.  I've tried a re-install, but I can't seem to re-install cleanly (an additional problem).  It remembers all my settings after a new install.  (This is not the primary issue however.  My issue is the flickering between VFO's)

My settings are as follows:

Rig: Yaesu FT450
Serial Port: /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART
Baud: 38400
Data Bits: 8
Stop Bits: 1
Handshake: Default
PTT: CAT
Mode: Data/Pkt
Split: None

It never used to happen and none of my settings have been changed, neither on the radio or the rig and it only happens in WSJT-X. It doesn't happen in Fldigi, JS8call, or JTDX.  It's getting on my nerves as it won't change frequency cleanly, always with flickering of the relays in the rig and only on WSJTX.

Anyone encountered this and know a solution?

--
Austin
2E0MNV