locked Re: #CQ Mode

JoAnn Donaldson <joannplano2005@...>

Kari, oh2gqc

In that case, it should stop after the 7th character (CQ TEST). This is a bug and should be an easy fix.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Monday, May 10, 2021, 7:04:45 PM CDT, Karza <kari.sillanmaki@...> wrote:

On 10.5.2021 1.51, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io wrote:
I can set TX6 to say CQ MO-KS-LA AB8YZ EM12 but when it transmits is says <....> AB8YZ.

JoAnn,

your message doies not confotm to the WSJT-X protocol specification.

I assume you want to send an directed call to MO, KS or LA areas?

Unfortunately you can not do it like that, you can only send 1 to 4 characters after your CQ, such as "CQ MO", "CQ QRP", "CQ TEST" etc.

No hyphens, spaces or other punctuation characters are allowed.

See https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.3.1.html#PROTOCOLS

73's de Kari, oh2gqc