locked Re: T/R 30s seems to be a default now in -RC4 #Q65 #MSK144

Bill Somerville

On 07/05/2021 11:35, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
I switch modes on 6m and 2m quite a few times.

Lately I notice that, all too often, I am calling CQ on MSK144 but with 30s T/R time.

Sometimes I remember to check. But this morning right after I turned the rig on and selected MSDK144 on -RC4, I began calling CQ on MSK144.

About 3 minutes later I realized I was again in a 30s T/R series.

Can't we have Q65 default to 30s and MSK144 always default to 15s when we touch the mode choice?

All this only began after the introduction of Q65 choices. Well, at least in my cob-webby brain anyway.

'Defaults' are great. Use defaults for all the modes.

-- -- Bob KD7YZ in NE Kentucky
Hi Bob,

where different parameters are used for different bands and/or modes we would always recommend using configurations ("Menu->Configurations") to store customized settings for each operating scenario. Recalling or defaulting parameters when changing modes of bands is tricky to code generically as different sets of users have different requirements, particularly for terrestrial VHF and up operating where regional variations often apply.