Re: WSJT-X and OmniRig stopped working after CPU/memory upgrade #Cat_RigControl

Kai-KE4PT

Hi Willie,
I'm still using Windows 8.1 (64 bit), and getting updates regularly, especially the Microsoft antivirus updates. I cannot switch to W10, yet because then I would lose the ability to run many programs for which there is no current Win10 solution.
All of WSJT-X seems to work just fine for me under Win 8.1-64bit.
I can even run old DOS programs using the DOSBox DOS emulator under W8.1 because sometimes it is necessary to recover ancient work.

Kindest regards,
Kai, KE4PT

On 5/2/2021 14:15, William Smith wrote:
Windows 8.1 support ended Jan 9, 2018, well over 3 years ago. Yeah, it's different, but upgrade to Windows 10.