Re: I am guessing an older topic - WSJT-X 2.3.1 and Yaesu FT-DX 1200 error #Cat_RigControl

Bill Somerville

On 30/04/2021 17:08, N0QHM-Jim wrote:
Just an update, it only happens on 20 meters.  I tried it on 15, 40, 80  i have not tried it on 17 or 30.  I dont seem to get the error, and it only happens when I try to transmit on 20.  Not sure what to look for. I have the latest firmware from yaesu.
Hi Jim,

CAT control issues on specific bands are invariably RFI related, confirm by reducing power, trying another aerial, or a dummy load. As discussed many times here and elsewhere, good chassis bonding between PC and rig is essential, clip on ferrites on interface leads may help to clean up any lingering issues particularly if you can get a few turns through the ferrite core. Unbalanced aerial systems like random wires or verticals tend to need more attention to keep stray RF out of the shack.