locked Re: Inscrutable WSJT-X problem! #Windows10 #Icom

Tom V. Segalstad

Hi Joseph,

Is your PC more vulnarable to RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) than your laptop? Could this be the reason for your problem?

Have you tried using RFI-protection ferrites on all ends of PC-connecting cables?

73 from Tom (LA4LN)

Sent from Outlook Mobile

Fra: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> på vegne av Joseph Willis via groups.io <ve2cy@...>
Sendt: onsdag 21. april 2021, 16:54
Til: WSJT-x Group
Emne: [WSJTX] Inscrutable WSJT-X problem! #stopped_working

I seem to have an unsolvable WSJT-X transmission problem, that came about while operating one day (I had been using it for several months).  I don't remember clearly how it occurred, because I was concentrating on making contacts, but it seemed the keyboard or operating system froze or bugged, and I could no longer use the FT8 session I was running at that time.

Even after a reboot, I could not make a contact, although everything seemed to work, and WSJT-X opened as normal.

I re-installed the WSJT-X program, reloaded the CP210 USB/UART codex s/w, and even ran a utility to clean up the registry.  No luck.  The program loads, goes into transmit mode, the monitor shows a modulated signal going out, but no one replies, and PSK Reporter acts as if it doesn't hear me.

As an experiment, I had another laptop, and installed the program on it.  It worked first time, every time, like the Eveready Bunny!  So, for the past few months, I have been scratching my head comparing everything I could between the two computers.

They both have Win10, CP210, WSJT-X 2.12, and use the same IC-7300 rig.  The Icom display looks like the same modulated FT8 signal when I transmit from either computer.

What else is there left to compare ?  I have checked, rechecked and re-re-checked all settings again and again.

Is there some other wsjt-x supporting file in Win10 that might have been corrupted on the one pc?  I hesitate to do a complete windows re-install and then have to re-install the dozens of programs I already have on the computer, but I am running out of ideas.

Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

VE2CY

--
Tom (LA4LN)

Join main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.