locked Re: Can't move forward! #WSJTX_config #NewUser #Cat_RigControl

Greg

Hello Tony!

The frequency list is static, sort of. Using the Settings, you can go in and define other frequencies but I suggest you leave them as is. Most people are transmitting and receiving within the limitations of the base frequency. You can 'fine tune' where you receive and transmit by clicking and shift-clicking (hold shift key while you click with mouse button) respectively in the waterfall portion of the software.

Having a displayed frequency mismatch between the software and the radio could be the reason you are seeing the red mode indicator. If CAT isn't able to tune you to the frequency, adjust your radio to the frequency listed in the software and see if that makes the mode indicator turn color. Check the WSJT-X user manual for the proper frequencies for each band and mode to make sure you are on the right one for your intended use.

I've got a Xiegu G90 and the XGGComms Digimode-4 cable. It took some trial and error to get it setup and working properly, part of the problem is I don't have a permanent shack setup and I am getting RFI wigglies into my 'shack'. Ferrite, and lots of it, have helped squash some of those problems. I also refer back to the WSJT-X user manual and the FT8 Hinson tips for DXers PDF. I will throw a link to the PDF below:

https://g4ifb.com/FT8_Hinson_tips_for_HF_DXers.pdf

Greg KJ7AWJ

On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 7:55 PM Tony Castelli <kj4joa@...> wrote:
Thanks Pat. The frequency list is static, I can't change anything in it. I was thinking that I should be able to. Am I wrong to think that?

A. J. Castelli 
KJ4JOA
General Class Operator
AEMT

On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 5:33 PM PATRICK COKER <n6rmj@...> wrote:
Check your feq list in wsjt
> On Apr 20, 2021, at 3:15 PM, Tony Castelli <kj4joa@...> wrote:
>
> ´╗┐Well, I finally got the waterfall to show up. I am waiting for my new Digimode-4 to show up any day now, hoping THAT will be a logical upgrade from the U5 Link; until then, I need some help.
> I can't receive on anything other than JT 65. If I try to go to another mode, the mode indicator is red (Red not good? Yellow if I select the JT 9 & JT 65 combination)
> I set my receiver for one frequency, i.e. 14.075, but WSJT shows me at 14.072.711.
> I am also not seeing anything in the Band Activity. I can hear it and I can see it on the waterfall, but nothing decodes.
>
> Your expertise regarding any and/or all of the issues is needed and your input will be greatly appreciated.
>
>

Join main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.