Hello Al - N1API,
The new JTAlert 2.50.0 provides you with a MUCH wider and deeper range of Callsign decode display options.
The new Callsigns window replaces the old callsigns display grid embedded the main JTAlert window.
This new window is fully resizable with no limit on the number of Callsigns displayed, except for available screen space and the number of decodes produced at the end of a period.
Please take a few minutes to review the new Help file and then let me know if I can help further.
You can also reach out to Support@HamApps.groups.io where there are many happy users of the latest version.
I’m an beta system tester for HamApps/ JTAlert.
Here are the latest release notes (see the red text highlights):
JTAlert Release Notes:
*** The Microsoft .NET 5 desktop runtime is required to be installed for this
*** version of JTAlert (and all future versions). The JTAlert installer will
*** automatically run a runtime check utility which will offer to install the
*** necessary runtime if it is not detected installed on your PC.
*** Important note regarding Q65 mode: Q65 support is only partial.
*** Accurate Q65 B4 checks and Q65 logging are fully supported.
*** There is no Alerting for Q65 DXCCs, States, Grids, Prefixes, etc.
*** Includes Callsign database file version 2021-04-05 (2021-Apr-05)
*** Important: Please review the new "JTAlert 2.50 features" help file for
*** a complete description (with loads of images) of the new Callsigns,
*** Activity, Messaging & BandHeat windows and the location of their
*** respective settings. See under the "Help" window of the main JTAlert
*** window or the shortcut in the "HamApps JTAlert" Windows start-menu group.
- Callsigns window: This replaces the old callsigns display grid embedded
in the main JTAlert window. This window is fully resizable with no limit
on the number of Callsigns displayed, except for available screen space
and the number of decodes produced at the end of a period.
- Messaging window: This replaces the old Text Messages window. It will
show both sent and received messages and retain them for 7 days.
Previously sent/received messages can be saved for reuse. The message
limit is 2048 character (old window was 256 characters).
- Activity window: This replaces the old Mode Activity window. It is resizable,
supports the new FST4 and Q65 modes as well as the 560m, 8m, & 5m bands.
Individual bands and modes can be turned off and not displayed.
- Band Heat window: This replaces the old Activity Bands display that was
embedded in the main JTAlert window. It is now an independent window,
supports the 560m, 8m & 5m bands, and can be set to display vertically
or horizontally (the default). Individual bands can be turned off and hidden.
- Decodes window: Frequency column can be set to either KHz or MHz.
- QSL flags: The Lotw and Eqsl flag positions on the Callsigns display
and Decodes window are no longer changeable. They are fixed in location.
Lotw -> bottom left of the Callsign.
Eqsl -> bottom right of the Callsign.
- Hotkeys: No longer user-changeable, they are now hard-coded.
F1 -> Help window
F2 -> Settings window
F3 -> Callsigns window
F4 -> Decodes window
F5 -> Text Messages widow
F6 -> Call History window
F7 -> Alert Status window
F8 -> Macros window
F9 -> not used
F10 -> not used
F11 -> Activity window
F12 -> BandHeat window
Alt + H -> Open browser to HamSpots.net
Alt + Q -> Open browser to QRZ.com
- Callsign Display Grid: Has been removed and is now a separate,
resizable window, simply called the "Callsigns" window.
- Text Messages Window: Now called "Messaging" Window, is only launchable
from the JTAlert first instance (#1).
- WSJT-X: B4 & Ignored callsigns are now highlighted in WSJT-X when
they are hidden in JTAlert due to filtering.
- Menus: Several menus associated with the new Windows introduced with
this release (Activity, Messaging & Callsigns) have been removed from
the main JTAlert window. All necessary options/settings for these new
windows can be set from the Options popup for each of these windows.
- Q65 mode: Callsigns not being displayed in the Callsign display and
decodes not being displayed in the Decodes window.
- DXKeeper: non-AG eQSL member QSLs marked as "received" incorrectly considered
as confirmed when running the Alert database rebuild. That is QSOs marked as
confirmed from non-AG callsigns will no longer be considered during the rebuild.
- HRDLogbook V6+: Lat & Lon data missing from logging instruction sent to
Log via its TCP interface
- Text Messages: Online status randomly incorrectly shows offline when the
Callsign is online and has been sending messages.
- JTAlert debug data: Some session files not being truncated as part of
the automated maintenance routines.
- JTAlert Installer: The desktop shortcuts checkbox settings when the installer was
last run are now remembered and restored.
From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of Al - N1API
Sent: 16 April, 2021 11:09 AM
Subject: [WSJTX] Well I have to say at first look I do not like the new JTAlertX #FT8
I installed the latest JTAlertX version and I got to say at first look I don't like it. I seem to have lost or can't find the settings menu. Spots are limited to one line of spots about 8 or so.
Thinking of trying to go back to a version 24.xx and stay there.
Note: groups.io will be down for maintenance on Wednesday, October 5th, starting at 9AM Pacific Time (4PM Wednesday October 5, 2022 UTC), for approximately one hour.