From: "Jim Pennino via groups.io" <penninojim@...>
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2021 10:30:21 AM
Subject: [WSJTX] Operating MSK144? #QSO_practices #MSK144

With the upcoming meteor showers I decided to set up and familiarize myself with MSK 144.

Out of the box the 6M receive frequency is 50.260 and the TX CQ setting is 280, which means I am listening on 50.260 and transmitting on 50.280 if I check the box.

If everyone is listening on 50.260 and transmitting on 50.280 how does anyone hear anyone else 20 kHz away with a ~3kHz receive band width?

What am I missing here?