locked Re: Clearer help with the "power" and "tune" features on wsjtx #GeneralGroupInfo #FT8

w1av

OK Fred I am using an LDG Z-100 plus auto tuner and barefoot IC 7300.  OK so I dont know if there is a difference or preference as to running the power slider full open and using Windows audio to adjust output, or the way I have been doing it. Its much easier to use the power slider than have to keep going into control panel to the Windows sound control. But this is what I mean about conflicting information, where some people run power slider full open and not worry about ALC,  but then I read too much ALC will make distorted audio signal. I am still confused!!!!