locked Re: Contesting with WSJT-X, JTAlert, and DXKeeper #FT8 #networking #logging #ContestMode

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-04-07 2:41 PM, neil_zampella wrote:
Another way of doing it is that since you using JTAlert, you can set
the B4 date to disregard any QSOs prior to the date of the start of
the contest.
If you are using WSJTX, JTAlert *and* DXKeeper, you will need to do it
this way as JTAlert will use your DXKeeper log for "B4" and not the
WSJTX file. The adif file is only used when JTAlert is not logging to
a third party logger.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-04-07 2:41 PM, neil_zampella wrote:
Another way of doing it is that since you using JTAlert, you can set the
B4 date to disregard any QSOs prior to the date of the start of the
contest.  You would then also adjust the checkboxes on the B4 settings
to ignore band or mode, etc.
If you're using a built-in WSJT-X contest mode, then just let it build
the contest Cabrillo log for you, and not touch anything else.
However, if this is a 'local' contest not built-in to the program, doing
what you have listed for the log is the way to go, but still adjust
JTAlert for the B4 alert as mentioned above.
Neil, KN3ILZ
On 4/7/2021 11:52 AM, Bill Somerville wrote:
On 07/04/2021 17:27, Pete Ritter via groups.io wrote:
Contesting with WSJT-X, JTAlert, DXKeeper
What is the best way to work contests with the above software?  I
want JTAlert's worked B4, WSJT-X's coloring, etc to be relevant to
the contest only. Should I save my adif file before the contest
begins and start a new one and then on contest close, merge the two?
 I know to set the appropriate contest mode in WSJT-X. Is there
anything else I need to do?
Hi Pete,

yes that is the recommend strategy.