locked Re: FT-950 Flashing Red on Transmit #WSJTX_config #FT8

Dave Garber

i thought north america all used 5357, while trying to stay in the 1500hz area when transmitting.   that is what I have seen traffic on.    what is up at 5385??  is that europe???
Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 8:01 AM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 02/04/2021 10:59, pineapple Lane via groups.io wrote:
Been trying to figure our how to configure my FT-950 for 60 meters FT8.
I am using MFJ USB radio interface. WSJT-X is working just great on all frequencies.
I have programmed WSJTx for frequency 5385.
Reception is great with a lot of waterfall activity at night and I want to join and QSO all you fine hams.
But on transmit all I get is the blinking RED light.
Is there a way to do this without doing the "MARS MOD?"
---Layne AE1N

Hi Layne,

there are a couple of possible options. I believe some of these rigs that restrict 60m operation on transmit may work if you set them up for USB rather than USB-DATA, that will require settings changes for 60m in both WSJT-X and on the rig. Perhaps an easier solution is to make a new configuration in WSJT-X with rig control disabled "Settings->Radio->Rig->None", you will need to ensure that PTT works since CAT PTT will not be available. PTT via RTS is probably best if you have a CAT interface. Once you have set up such a configuration you can switch to it when you want to operate 60m, all that is need on the rig is to switch to a suitable memory channel.