moderated Re: #FT8 FT8 signal reports 2.4.0-rc4 #FT8

Bill Somerville

On 01/04/2021 21:43, Chris Hannagan wrote:
I was operating 30 metres FT8 this morning and believe that a behavior has changed in sending the signal reports.
When a station didn't copy the TX2 sent report and responded again with TX1, each time you resent the callers signal report in previous releases, the report updated to the latest decoded report.
The report now appears to no longer update to the last decode and continues to send the original report.
I'm not sure if this is a problem but it is a behavior that seems to have changed.
Call 1st is enabled and I noticed this on several stations that were calling.
Chris zl7dx
Hi Chris,

this is expected behaviour and was changed in v2.4.0-rc4. It creates ambiguity if an amended signal report is sent in repeats as you cannot be certain which signal report your QSO partner copied. If you really want to change the sent report you can clear down the QSO with ESC and restart by double-clicking a decode, be sure to check that the sent and received reports are set correctly in the Log QSO dialog when you do this.