locked Re: FT8 and 73: #FT8

Carl - WC4H

If you want to keep transmitting, you just click on enable as soon as it goes off.

The reasoning is as follows:
RRR implies 73 & RR73 explicitly says 73.
Once a 73 response is received to either RRR or RR73, it's a completed QSO.

That some people refuse to accept it as a complete QSO is true, but most do and most log the QSO when they get prompted to.

It's up to you what you log.  I go by the report received.  That is if I get a good signal report  I assume he/she is copying my final 73 so I log.  If I'm receiving a -20 I'll wait to log it.

73.
Carl - WC4H