Hi Phil,
I understand the USB port may need 'power management'.  I'd already turned that off.  This is about the driver software that uses the port.  Why does that ALSO need power management?

73 PeteS

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 at 13:18, Philip Rose via groups.io <gm3zza=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

It’s not the software, it’s the USB hardware that consumes power, regardless of whether it is active. Current laptops try and remove every single “unnecessary” use of power.

73 Phil.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Pete Singleton
Sent: 25 March 2021 18:04
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] No Tx audio after inactivity. #AudioIssues #txaudio

Update: I discovered that the 'CP210x USB to UART Bridge' had 'Allow power management' turned on.  Unticked the box and Tx audio stays alive during inactivity.

I don't understand how a minor bit of software can drain power.

I'm still getting the 'no Tx audio after band change' problem - new in v2.3.0

I REALLY, REALLY hate Win10.

73 de M0PTB
PeteS

--