From: John KC4LZN <kc4lzn@...>
To: ktfrog007@...
Cc: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@wsjtx.groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Mar 26, 2021 3:50 pm
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Conflicts with KA6LMS Stations #FT8

Thanks Ken.

I may have to stick to sideband and CW then.

73

John
KC4LZN

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021, 11:39 <ktfrog007@...> wrote:
There are problems with these KA6LMS stations using different portable indicators.  The WSJT-S program apparently only pay attention to the KA6LMS part of the call and therefore mixes up calls when several are operating on the same band at the same time.

Be especially careful when logging the QSO (on the 73 or RR73).  You may inadvertently log another station.  Yesterday I saw several stations I worked log me as <KA6LMS/5> when I was <KA6LMS/1>.  Both of us were on 20m FT8 at the time.

73,
Ken, AB1J