locked Re: No Tx audio after inactivity. #AudioIssues

It’s not the software, it’s the USB hardware that consumes power, regardless of whether it is active. Current laptops try and remove every single “unnecessary” use of power.

73 Phil.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Pete Singleton
Sent: 25 March 2021 18:04
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] No Tx audio after inactivity. #AudioIssues #txaudio

Update: I discovered that the 'CP210x USB to UART Bridge' had 'Allow power management' turned on.  Unticked the box and Tx audio stays alive during inactivity.

I don't understand how a minor bit of software can drain power.

I'm still getting the 'no Tx audio after band change' problem - new in v2.3.0

I REALLY, REALLY hate Win10.

73 de M0PTB
PeteS

--