locked Re: Time Sync Program. #Timesync

Bob Lewis

The Meinburg monitoring service only works with Meinburg NTP so both must be installed and the windows time service (or any other time service like D4) must be disabled.

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob Turner
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2021 5:58 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Time Sync Program. #Timesync

I found the Meinburg monitoring software refuses to run because “NTP Service not installed”.   I tried it with Run As Administrator, same results.  It appears we need to install the Meinburg NTP service as well.  I did not.  The “Windows Time” service is running.  My windows 10 version is build 19041.867.

I was running Dimension 4.  I recently removed Dim4 to see how inaccurate my PC clock is.  It’s been about 24 hours without Dim4.  My time is 0.027 seconds fast.

7 3  Bob

N2SCJ

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Ackrill
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2021 2:24 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Time Sync Program. #Timesync

The NTP system will work anyway, the Meinburg monitoring software is realy only an additional benefit.  I look at the graphs occasionally and check that there are a number of Stratum 2 and 3 systems in the NTP Status tab.  It is old software now, so I doubt Meinburg will be offering any support for it anymore...

Using the command 'ntpq -pn' in a command prompt will tell you that NTP is running and which systems your PC has heard from.

Cheers - Dave (G0DJA)

Join main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.