locked Re: #ft8 #logging Logging #logging #FT8

Joe Subich, W4TV

I've tried many different confs and options but I cant get this screen
to NOT show up…
That is correct. WSJT-X *will not* make "automated QSOs" where an
operator is not present to initiate a QSO (double click on a CQ or
start a CQ) and log the QSO. Some other software writers have made
"robot" programs but thankfully the developer of WSJTX have refused
to do so *and* refused to provide an interface that would enable
any "automation add-on".

I'm sure everyone has heard that ‘digital isn’t ham radio just start
and go to bed and be done by morning’.
This is nothing except "sour grapes" by those who do not like digital
modes. It's no different than a rag chewer claiming that "59/599 TU"
QSOs are "not real ham radio". Seems to me that some of the first
successful radio transmissions (QSOs?) were nothing more than a single
letter.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-03-07 9:01 AM, Wyndell - K5WJF wrote:
I'm sure everyone has heard that ‘digital isn’t ham radio just start and go to bed and be done by morning’.  Well, I must be missing something. I've tried many different confs and options but I cant get this screen to NOT show up…
And it wont start transmitting cq.  I don’t want to be able to do this, is too much fun working the rare stations.  But mayne I'm not configured right or causing more work?
Thanks
/73 de Wyndell K5WJF <https://www.qrz.com/db/K5WJF>/