locked Re: Import ADI Log File #WSJTX_config

Thomas Testa

Hi Bill I am doing it from the log manager/ explorer/ finder but I need to open the Drive where the new file is. Only folders appear so I have to double click and when I do the Log Directory is removed  from the right window and  the files from that drive appear.I can’t drag and drop the new file in.

         TNX Tom N2UFM

On Monday, March 1, 2021, 1:33 PM, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

Hi Tom,

you should be able to use "Menu->File->Open log directory" to open a file manager/explorer/finder windows then drag and drop your wsjtx_log.adi backup file onto it. What error message do you get?

On 01/03/2021 18:31, Thomas Testa via groups.io wrote:
Hi Bill I am trying to drag the new ADI file over to the log directory from a flash drive,It will not let me put the file there unless I create a folder.

              TNX Tom N2UFM

On Monday, March 1, 2021, 1:17 PM, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

On 01/03/2021 18:01, Thomas Testa via groups.io wrote:

> I had a total system crash and lost my wjtx_log.adi file. I am trying
> to import a new ADI file from my logging program. I put the new adi
> file in the log folder in log directory but is still is not being read
> after I activate the rescan ADIF Log button.
>
>                                              TNV Tom N2UFM

Hi Tom,

the logs directory within the WSJT-X log files directory is not the
correct place for the wsjtx_log.adi file, it should be in the log files
directory itself ("Menu->File->Open log directory").

The logs directory is where rotated old diagnostic log files are archived.