locked Re: WSJTX and homebrew equipment #linux #transmit

Joel

Bill

Yes, thank you - I stand corrected. :)

Joel
AC8WS

On Feb 28, 2021, at 11:26 AM, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

Joel,

that's not correct, the "Test PTT" button is functional with RTS or DTR PTT control, CAT control is not necessary in that case.

On 28/02/2021 16:21, Joel wrote:
Freddy

Another consideration.... if you can use VOX on your home brew, don’t select a rig but select PTT via VOX in WSJTX and try that. The PTT test button in the WSJTX radio screen will not work (that depends on CAT control) but the Tune button in the main screen will test it for you.

Good luck
Joel
AC8WS

On Feb 28, 2021, at 10:52 AM, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

On 28/02/2021 15:04, Freddy ON7VQ wrote:
Hi everyone,
I try to use WSJTX to communicate with FT8 mode on HF with homebrew equipment. In fact the only thing I need the program to do is to switch the PTT and transmit via microphone. Other things like controlling VFO and so on is at this time not wanted. Reception is working fine.
When I test PTT (Settings --> Radio) with DTR or RTS, I get the error message "Rig failure Hamlib error: IO error while opening connection to rig".
I have search a lot in the hamlib docs to find a way to configure my hardware, but could not find anything useful. Maybe I am a bad reader? Or is there another way to create his own transceiver in WSJTX, and if so, can someone point me to the docs where I can find the information?
Thanks for any help I can get!
Best 73
Freddy, ON7VQ
Hi Freddy,

have you selected the correct serial port for PTT? Is that port free or is it being used by another application?