locked Re: Free text FT8 Tab 2 #FT8 #mainscreen

Bill Somerville

On 27/02/2021 13:48, John, K9MM wrote:
I've recently upgraded from v2.2.2 to v2.3.0 on a Windows 10 computer. I'm trying to figure out how the free text box (Tab 2 on the message control panel) works.

I'm looking at the pdf version of the v2.3 user guide at https://physics.princeton.edu//pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.3.0_en%20%28USLetter%29.pdf and the picture of Tab 2 on page 73 is very different from what I have(Image attached).

I want to enter something in the Free Msg box but I don't see it. What am I missing here? Thanks!

73,

John, K9MM
Hi John,

Tab 2 messages have been removed, please use Tab 1 messages, which have all the features of the old Tab 2 messages and more. The Tab 1 Tx5 message is the free text message field.