From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> on behalf of Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...>
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 4:16:17 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Impossible to choose Left / Right audio input #AudioIssues #BugReport

On 23/02/2021 09:54, Henk PA0C wrote:
> It is not possible to choose Left or Right audio channel in 2.3.0. and
> 2.4.0 rc1.
> Both audio channels have the same content.
> Using USB audio input.
>
> Other applications have no difficulty using the same L/R USB
> microphone input.
> They see a clear difference between L and R input (and can select one)
>
> Mic. is set fot 2 channel, 16 bit, 48000 Hz. (but other 2 channel
> settings make no difference)
>
> Did try other USB ports of the PC.
> I deleted all WSJT instances, cleaned the register, removed all USB
> audio ports (hidden and shown), restarted several times.
> Did a new install on a separate laptop.
>
> All with no result.

Henk,

I have just double-checked this using a tone generated by Audacity and
played by through VAC to WSJT-X. I can select left channel input in
"Settings->Audio" and swing the playback balance in Audacity from left
to right and see the level at maximum in WSJT-X when the balance is
fully left, and minimum level (silence) when the balance is fully right.
Conversely when I select the right channel for input in
"Settings->Audio" I see maximum and minimum levels in WSJT-X with
balance right and left respectively.

Stereo input channel selection is definitely working in WSJT-X,
something is wrong with your setup if you are not getting that.