Re: Unable to PTT Kenwood TS 570D #AudioIssues

Bill Somerville

On 23/02/2021 16:34, Gregg wrote:

Hi there!

I have WSJT-X running on ubuntu and I can receive signals fine but I have not been able to get PTT working to transmit

Attached are my settings. I'm currently using a SignalLink Connected to both the radio and my computer and I have a serial cable connected from my computer to the radio. Clicking the Test PTT button makes the radio go into TX mode but then the button turns red. Nothing lights up on the SignaLink.
Hi Gregg,

the SignaLink USB is an audio interface with an internal VOX circuit that keys your rig directly when Tx audio is present.

The "Test PTT" button in WSJT-X does not cause any audio to be output.

So in summary, you have duplicated PTT function via your CAT serial connection and via the SIgnaLink. That may be OK but I recommend setting the DELAY knob on the SignaLink unit to minimum. You should not expect to see any power output when using the Test PTT button, nor any indication on the SignaLink unit. To test Tx power use the "Tune" button on the WSJT-X main window. You can also set "Settings->Radio->PTT Method->VOX" and let the SignaLink USB do PTT for you.

See this post for a recipe for correctly setting Tx audio levels: https://wsjtx.groups.io/g/main/message/13890