Re: Impossible to choose Left / Right audio input #AudioIssues #BugReport

Bill Somerville

On 23/02/2021 09:54, Henk PA0C wrote:
It is not possible to choose Left or Right audio channel in 2.3.0. and 2.4.0 rc1.
Both audio channels have the same content.
Using USB audio input.

Other applications have no difficulty using the same L/R USB microphone input.
They see a clear difference between L and R input (and can select one)

Mic. is set fot 2 channel, 16 bit, 48000 Hz. (but other 2 channel settings make no difference)

Did try other USB ports of the PC.
I deleted all WSJT instances, cleaned the register, removed all USB audio ports (hidden and shown), restarted several times.
Did a new install on a separate laptop.

All with no result.
Henk,

I have just double-checked this using a tone generated by Audacity and played by through VAC to WSJT-X. I can select left channel input in "Settings->Audio" and swing the playback balance in Audacity from left to right and see the level at maximum in WSJT-X when the balance is fully left, and minimum level (silence) when the balance is fully right. Conversely when I select the right channel for input in "Settings->Audio" I see maximum and minimum levels in WSJT-X with balance right and left respectively.

Stereo input channel selection is definitely working in WSJT-X, something is wrong with your setup if you are not getting that.