locked Re: #FT8 Can't get my FT-991A om 60M #FT8

Bruce N7XGR

Jeff,  Do not give up yet, if you feel uncomfortable to do the one
solder bridge then have someone do this for you.
I did the mod on a FT891 which has two bridges to be made.
I do not use the DATA mode at all instead I use the straight
USB mode and use the program Commander that has two macros
buttons that switch the mod input from the front to the rear
and switch the SSB BFO from AUTO to USB.
Commander is in the Radio dropdown in WSJT-X as an interface.
I leave the mode in WSJT-X set for USB and not Data/Pkt.
With the mod made when you select say 7074 you are there
no problem and 60 meters with chan 3 freq entered in the
Frequencies tab in WSJT-X it sets the 991A on that freq/chan 3.
5357 KHz

Bruce  N7XGR

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 9:08 PM K3JRZ <K3JRZ@...> wrote:
Still doesn’t work for me. I’m giving up.

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 20:08 Don Roden <donroden@...> wrote:
Put the channels in memory slots .   It will work... No soldering needed.   W4DNR

--

Thanks & 73,

Jeff
K3JRZ