Re: Sudden blindness to sound card and ports windows 10 #AudioIssues #Cat_RigControl #BugReport

Bill Somerville

On 15/02/2021 21:15, Chris wrote:
New information courtesy of "Serial Port Monitor":  For some reason, wsjt-x is now sending the wrong status query string to the radio!  It is sending ID; (that's I D semicolon).  The correct query is IF; (I F semicolon).  The wrong string returns a ? (question mark) which means huh? Not sure why this would change.  I verified its operation on my FT-817, and it is sending the correct string there and CAT works correctly on that radio.

We now understand why CAT isn't working but we don't know how to fix it.  Is there a file that provides this info to wsjt-x that might have been corrupted?  Is there any way to fix it?

Now, I still don't have sound cards showing up, and this is true with either the Kenwood or the Yaesu. The problems might be related, such as if a table look-up by the program wasn't working correctly.

Chris, AB6QK
Chris,

ID is a valid query on most modern Kenwood and Yasesu rigs, Hamlib uses that command as a way of verifying commands with no conformation response have been completed. If an ID command is not recognized then you may well have the wrong number of stop bits specified or the rig may not have that command, that's fine as Hamlib may be probing the rig to see if it is supported. You talk about an FT-817 but these commands would not be sent to that rig since it has a completely different CAT command set and protocol. If you want help with CAT communications how about revealing what version of WSJT-X you are actually trying to connect with?