Re: "Remember power settings by band" changes behavior unexpectedly #BugReport

Bill Somerville

Hi Hasan,

all settings are stored independently for each configuration.

Settings are not stored per mode, your Tune power settings should not change when you only change mode.

On 15/02/2021 20:22, Hasan Schiers N0AN wrote:
A related question:

If you have more than one configuration, do you have to calibrate Tx and Tune by Band for Each configuration? I just went through that process this afternoon and it doesn't seem to hold across different configurations. ...at least for TUNE.

In fact, when I went through and did separate calibrations for each of the following configurations by band:

FT8, FT4, MSK144, Q65, WSPR etc..

They did not hold the TUNE calibration after having switching from FT8 to FT4, for example. Strangely enough, they did hold the TX calibrate, just not the TUNE.

Running 2.4.0 RC1, 64 bit , Win10 Pro

Have I been sitting in front of the keyboard too long today?

73,. N0AN
Hasan

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 12:01 PM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 15/02/2021 17:44, Ken WB8UFC wrote:

I have two rigs currently running WSJT-X v2.3.0.

One is an ICOM IC-7300 v1.3

The other is a Yaesu FTDX10.

Because I use external antenna tuners on both, I have checked both the "Transmit" and "Tune" check boxes in the "Remember power settings by band" group box on the "Audio" tab and set the "Pwr" slider to the values I prefer on each band.

This is a very nice time-saving feature and it works as expected on the FTDX10.

But on the IC-7300, after using the "Tune" button, I will often need to "cycle" the transmitter before it will produce power.

More specifically...

I click the Tune button and then click it again to cease transmission.

Then, I click the Enable Tx button and wait for the next transmission cycle.

When transmission begins, it's often a 0 Watt transmission - by which, I mean that the IC-7300's fan comes on, the Vd drops slightly, and the Id shows a few amps - but Po is zero on the rig as well as the external meters.

The Pwr slider is at the correct (non-zero) position at all times.

Disabling and re-enabling transmission causes normal operation to resume.

I have found that clicking on the "Tx even/1st" check box twice (cycling the transmitter) is the easiest/quickest way to get things working properly again, but clicking "Halt Tx" followed by "Enable Tx" works as well.

This occurs on all bands and I can cause it to occur with at most 3 attempts, almost always with 2, and frequently with only 1 attempt.

No RFI problems in the well-grounded shack.

PTT is CAT.

Baud rate is 19200.

Tx delay is .2 s.

???

Hi Ken,

I'm not sure I see the link your subject implies, are you saying that disabling the recall Tx and Tune power by band options fixes this issue?

73
bill