Re: Sudden blindness to sound card and ports windows 10 #AudioIssues #Cat_RigControl #BugReport

Chris

New information courtesy of "Serial Port Monitor":  For some reason, wsjt-x is now sending the wrong status query string to the radio!  It is sending ID; (that's I D semicolon).  The correct query is IF; (I F semicolon).  The wrong string returns a ? (question mark) which means huh? Not sure why this would change.  I verified its operation on my FT-817, and it is sending the correct string there and CAT works correctly on that radio.

We now understand why CAT isn't working but we don't know how to fix it.  Is there a file that provides this info to wsjt-x that might have been corrupted?  Is there any way to fix it?

Now, I still don't have sound cards showing up, and this is true with either the Kenwood or the Yaesu. The problems might be related, such as if a table look-up by the program wasn't working correctly.

Chris, AB6QK