locked Re: #Q65 Managing Expectations #Q65

Chris G4IFX

Hi Hasan, that’s a great summary of the capabilities and potential of Q65, thank you. It’s an exciting mode.

Hi Joe, 50.275 is currently in use for Q65 in NA but it’s not such a great choice in Europe because of other activity below 50.300, especially SSB in contests but also with MSK144 around 50.280. In Europe we’re currently using 50.305 for troposcatter and ionoscatter using Q65-30A, but it’s early days and everyone’s still experimenting. There is quite a lot of random 30A activity in EU during the daylight hours, although most of us use the ON4KST chat for talkback so we do tend to know who’s around.

As a general point, although it might be a bit too early to button such things down, I think we need to be working towards one or more global frequencies for Q65 in the same way as we have for FT8. The potential is significant for intercontinental contacts with weak scattery signals, outside or on the edges of Es openings or (if we’re lucky enough) by F2/TEP.

73

Chris

G4IFX

www.uksmg.org