locked Re: Sudden "blindness" to audio windows 10 #Cat_RigControl #AudioIssues

Chris

All are present and available to other applications.

Chris, AB6QK

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 2/12/2021 08:59:58
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Sudden "blindness" to audio windows 10 #AudioIssues #Cat_RigControl

When applications look for ports, they can either look for all ports present, or just those that are available for use by  the application. So that some applications report that the port is present doesn’t necessarily mean it’s available.

Phil

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 12 February 2021 16:46
To: main@wsjtx.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Sudden "blindness" to audio windows 10 #AudioIssues #Cat_RigControl

Thanks for the reply Bob.  Unfortunately, that isn't what is happening here.  It is still bad a day later.  Other applictions see the ports and cards just fine so it wouldn't be a windows lockout.  If I were to hazard a guess I'd say maybe a change in an API that broke WSJT-X access.  This may take some time an effort to untangle.  I'm hoping the gurus will see this and offer a suggestion.

Chris, AB6QK

------ Original Message ------

Sent: 2/11/2021 16:49:40

My audio device for IC-7300  disappears when a windows update has been pending / waiting for shutdown, update, restart.  Happened 15 minutes ago when I powered off rig, and powered it on again.  I assume WSJTx had a lock on the device which was released when I shut them down, then Windows took the lock.  Upon power up of IC-7300 and restart of WSJTx, my audio device was missing as windows set a lock.  I then let shutdown, update, restart proceed.  All was fine afterwards.  This happened about 20 minutes ago.

Bob N2SCJ

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2021 6:17 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] Sudden "blindness" to audio windows 10 #AudioIssues #Cat_RigControl

Has anyone had the program just stop recognizing devices on the computer in windows 10?

They don't appear in the pick list for the settings.  But, Mixw 2 through 4 work fine and see everything (as does device manager)

I have:
backed off the last win 10 update.
uninstalled and reinstalled
run a registry cleaner

and, it ran fine last time it was used.

Chris, AB6QK

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

Join main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.