locked Re: Sudden "blindness" to audio windows 10 #Cat_RigControl #AudioIssues

Chris

That was my suspiscion, But rolling back the update did not change anything.

The radio is a Kenwood ts-450s which is properly selected in the settings.  There is no special driver for this radio.  That isn't the issue.

The audio interface for this radio is a PCI card, not a USB device. There are four audio devices in this PC with different duties. They all show up as working properly in device manager, and they can be used by other software without issue. 

Only one device shows up in wsjt-x settings, and it is the windows default device which is certainly not what I want!

Lets remember this was working ok before and I could see all devices before.  There is a security update that I will try rolling back next.

Chris, AB6QK

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 2/12/2021 09:06:25
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Sudden "blindness" to audio windows 10 #AudioIssues #Cat_RigControl

There was just a Windows 10 update.    This happens each and every time MS sends out an update.   

If you're using a single USB connection for CAT and audio, the answer that I've seen given and used is to disconnect the USB cable, reinstall the ICOM drivers, connect the USB cable.   The rig needs to be on when you do the connection.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 2/12/2021 10:35 AM, Chris wrote:
Thanks for the reply Bob.  Unfortunately, that isn't what is happening here.  It is still bad a day later.  Other applictions see the ports and cards just fine so it wouldn't be a windows lockout.  If I were to hazard a guess I'd say maybe a change in an API that broke WSJT-X access.  This may take some time an effort to untangle.  I'm hoping the gurus will see this and offer a suggestion.

Chris, AB6QK

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 2/11/2021 16:49:40
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Sudden "blindness" to audio windows 10 #AudioIssues #Cat_RigControl

My audio device for IC-7300  disappears when a windows update has been pending / waiting for shutdown, update, restart.  Happened 15 minutes ago when I powered off rig, and powered it on again.  I assume WSJTx had a lock on the device which was released when I shut them down, then Windows took the lock.  Upon power up of IC-7300 and restart of WSJTx, my audio device was missing as windows set a lock.  I then let shutdown, update, restart proceed.  All was fine afterwards.  This happened about 20 minutes ago.

Bob N2SCJ

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2021 6:17 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] Sudden "blindness" to audio windows 10 #AudioIssues #Cat_RigControl

Has anyone had the program just stop recognizing devices on the computer in windows 10?

They don't appear in the pick list for the settings.  But, Mixw 2 through 4 work fine and see everything (as does device manager)

I have:
backed off the last win 10 update.
uninstalled and reinstalled
run a registry cleaner

and, it ran fine last time it was used.

Chris, AB6QK

Join main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.