locked Re: #FT8 Can't get my FT-991A om 60M #FT8

Jon Ermels

73 de NØIGU Jon

On Thursday, February 11, 2021, 06:26:50 PM CST, JP Tucson, AZ <samcat88az@...> wrote:

I think that is your problem.

The 5 60m channels MUST use the lower frequencies on the band plan for USB (UPPER sideband!) WSJT-X  - ALWAYS uses USB for FT8, FT4...The 50M channels in the memory ARE SET TO USB. THEY CAN'T BE CHANGED.

 Please re-LOOK at the band plan...t
You are using the center of the channel, which is incorrect. I DID LOOK! I have paid attention to the .he band plan for 60M is set by channels by the FCC in this country unless they have changed the rules.

5357 kHz or 5.357 MHz is the proper frequency.   Retry tuning to that & see if it works. If I change that from the approved freq, it still won't transmit.  It makes no difference when I try using the VFO either.

That flashing TX may be the radio's way of warning you that you are out of band for the mode. (I don't own a 991, so I am not certain about this...) It sure is, has been that way for years on almost all radios. Anyway John, thanks for your time. I think I'll just do the MARS mod and be done with it. I don't think the FCC pays any attention to us anyway.  I figured since 60M is supposed to be SHARED  and set to channels Id try to be operating legally. They must have changed the rules.

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021, 5:00 PM Jon Ermels via groups.io <n0igu=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

73 de NØIGU Jon

On Thursday, February 11, 2021, 03:44:44 PM CST, JP Tucson, AZ <samcat88az@...> wrote:

Just to make sure, you ARE on 5.357 MHz, on UPPER sideband - correct? No, 5.358.5. It won't do anything on 5.357

If you try to call CQ using the Mic., does it work & TX ok?  I would imagine if I put the mic to front it might, I didn't try that.

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021, 2:02 PM Jon Ermels via groups.io <n0igu=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have the the ability to tune but when I call CQ or try to answer one the radio just flashes the tx light. I have the split set to off.