locked Re: #FT8 Can't get my FT-991A om 60M #FT8

JP Tucson, AZ

I think that is your problem.

The 5 60m channels MUST use the lower frequencies on the band plan for USB (UPPER sideband!) WSJT-X  - ALWAYS uses USB for FT8, FT4...

 Please re-LOOK at the band plan...
You are using the center of the channel, which is incorrect!

5357 kHz or 5.357 MHz is the proper frequency.   Retry tuning to that & see if it works.

That flashing TX may be the radio's way of warning you that you are out of band for the mode. (I don't own a 991, so I am not certain about this...)

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021, 5:00 PM Jon Ermels via groups.io <n0igu=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

73 de NØIGU Jon

On Thursday, February 11, 2021, 03:44:44 PM CST, JP Tucson, AZ <samcat88az@...> wrote:

Just to make sure, you ARE on 5.357 MHz, on UPPER sideband - correct? No, 5.358.5. It won't do anything on 5.357

If you try to call CQ using the Mic., does it work & TX ok?  I would imagine if I put the mic to front it might, I didn't try that.

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021, 2:02 PM Jon Ermels via groups.io <n0igu=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have the the ability to tune but when I call CQ or try to answer one the radio just flashes the tx light. I have the split set to off.