locked Re: #Install #BugReport #WSJTX_config WSJT-X not working after 2.3.0 install #WSJTX_config #install #IssueReport

Karl Beckman WA8NVW - AFA5VB

Working as designed!  The internal and external plug-in sound cards are not supposed to appear in WSJTX if they are set to either DEFAULT or COMM DEFAULT devices.  Adjust your Windows 10 sound settings for each from the Windows Sound control panel to undo those two default settings which broadcasts alert sounds from MS Windows, WSJT, and GridTracker over the air, annoying LOTS of hams.
If you are a senior op like me, it's helpful to rename your WSJT-X sound card dongle to something like "Dongle Tx Out" and "Dongle Rx In."  I also renamed my USB headset as HSTx-Mic and HSRx-Ear.  Here's a clean link:  https://winaero.com/rename-audio-device-windows-10/
--
Karl  WA8NVW  OH
WA8NVW@...