locked Re: Is this supposed to happen? #FoxAndHound #IssueReport

John, K9MM

From: Tony Collett
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2021 16:06:01 PST
Hi Group
I had an intriguing experience yesterday calling a Fox on 30m
When my call was selected my Tx was correctly moved to the Fox frequency but he was not seeing my report so he kept sending his report to me while I responded with his report for 3 periods.
On the 4th period he dropped my call and went on to work a different station - my first failure to work an F&H QSO !
What I didn't expect was that my transmitter was moved off the Fox frequency to a different one (but still below 1000Hz) and WSJT kept sending my report to the Fox. It continued to do this for some time and the timer didn't come into operation which it does when you are just calling the Fox.
I had this same experience with 4U1UN on 30M. After sending my transmission several times at about +750, the QSO completed.

I noted that while many of the stations calling were loud, they were frequently receiving reports lower than -15. Possibly he has high noise levels or a receiver problem?

I had observed this same F/H behavior with 4U1UN a few days earlier on 40M, but didn't manage to work him that time.

73,

John, K9MM