From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of neil_zampella
Sent: Wednesday, February 3, 2021 04:36 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] #WSJTX_config

Sorry OM .. I've just been seeing so many issues with HRD lately, I zeroed in on that.

Have you tried changing the UDP Server IP to 239.255.0.1.  Here's what I have, and I've had no issues with JT-Alert.

Neil, KN3ILZUDP settings

On 2/3/2021 1:58 PM, Monty Wilson wrote:

Neil,

My message was a little long with lots of parts. But since the problem is now loss of then connection between WSJT-X and JTALERT I don’t see what the new database in HRD has to do with my issue.

I do have a problem with logs getting to HRD from JTALERT. However until I can get data to JTALERT the HRD issue is immaterial.

Monty Wilson

On Feb 3, 2021, at 1:29 AM, neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote:

FWIW ... the answer can be found on the JT-Alert groups.io support group, not here as it really does not pertain to WSJT-X other than it originates the Log UDP message.

Apparently, the answer is to create a NEW database in HRD, and import your log from the old DB.   When you do that DO NOT create an access database, create one in Maria DB.   For two reasons, its a real SQL database, and it can handle many more records.

You can find out more about this on the hamapps.groups.io support list.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 2/2/2021 10:13 PM, Monty Wilson wrote:

Yesterday, I downloaded and successfully loaded WSJT-X V 2.3.0.  On my first try I did not have a connection to JTALERT.  I was told about the new loopback option and once set, WSJT-X was communicating with JTALERT.  I was able to interact with calls on JTALERT and make contacts without any issues.  However, I found that JTALERT would not write logs to my local HRD log.

I spent this morning troubleshooting that issue without success and eventually shut everything down to take a lunch break.

I think started my HRD (version) 6.7.0.323, followed by WSJT-X (version 2.3.0) and then JTALERT (V 2.16.17).  For unknown reasons, I have now lost the link between WSJT-X and JTALERT.

I have checked the settings in WSJT-X (I use multicast) and JTALERT.  All of the settings look correct.  The only error message I see is

Unable to communicate with the WSJT-X process.

  UDP Port : 2333

  IP Address : 239.255.0.0

  Values read from WSJT-X config file...

    C:\Users\jwils\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\WSJT-X.ini

WSJT-X Detected Instance...

  Process Window Title : WSJT-X   v2.3.0   by K1JT, G4WJS, and K9AN

  Process Command Line : "C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe"

Decode alerts and logging will be unavailable until corrected.

JTALERT about shows:

JTAlert Instance      : #1

JTAlert Start Params  : /wsjtx

WSJT-X Window Title   : WSJT-X   v2.3.0   by K1JT, G4WJS, and K9AN

WSJT-X Command Line   : "C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe"

WSJT-X   --rig-name   :

WSJT-X Config File    : C:\Users\jwils\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\WSJT-X.ini

WSJT-X Version               :

WSJT-X Revision              :

WSJT-X Spec Op Mode          : None

WSJT-X UDP ID                :

WSJT-X UDP Port              : 2333

WSJT-X UDP Server            : 239.255.0.0

WSJT-X UDP MCast on Loopback : True

WSJT-X UDP Max Schema        :

UDP Ports used

JTAlert.exe           : 54408 65471

JTAlertV2.Manager.exe : 62581 62582

JTAlertV2.Decodes.exe :

In background, I have been running 2.2.2 since it was released.  I was successful in connecting to JTALERT and JTALERT to HRD for logging.  For some reason, since I loaded 2.3.0 I have had problems with the connections.

I don’t know where to look to troubleshoot.  All of the configuration points (as far as I know) are set the same as 2.2.2 with the exception of the new Loopback field.  I am looking for ideas.

I may try to revert back to 2.2.2 to see if that will get me started again.

Thanks in advance

Monty, NR0A

jwilson16@...