locked Re: #Cat_RigControl FT-817 Hamlib issues #Cat_RigControl

Kevin Utzy

Bill,

I feel dumb only because I should know better after all these years.  I should have tried running FT-817 Commander first to double check.  Ugg.  Sure enough the cable was unplugged.  I forgot to put it in when reconnecting the antenna.

I had no clue those settings were wrong.  The I have used “1” stop-bit for ever it seems for 9600 and 38400.  Handshake I always have as none.  I think I got that from N1MM recommended settings.

Sorry to have needlessly bothered you.  At least I can use FT-817 vs. FT-857 again!  😊

Thank you.

73, Kevin KX4KU

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Somerville
Sent: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 19:16
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] #Cat_RigControl FT-817 Hamlib issues

On 02/02/2021 23:53, Bill Somerville wrote:

On 02/02/2021 23:47, Kevin Utzy wrote:

I am trying to run v2.3 GA with the FT-817.

Kevin

KX4KU

Hi Kevin,

so I can see what is happening; put the attached file into your WSJT-X configuration files directory (on MS Windows that is the same as the log files directory "Menu->File->Open log directory"), then restart WSJT-X, do the minimum steps to reproduce the issue, then quit WSJT-X. You will have a new file on your Desktop called WSJT-X_RigControl.log, send me that file for analysis please (g4wjs <at> classdesign <dot> com) ?

You can delete the log file and the wsjtx_log_config.ini file once you have sent the log file.

Bill
G4WJS.

Hi Kevin,

thanks for the log. Your rig is not responding to any CAT commands. Check that your CAT cable is correctly plugged in and the mini-DIN plug has no bent pins. Check that COM3 is the right serial port, and the CAT baud rate on your rig really is 9600. You have selected "Settings->Radio->Stop bits->One" which is wrong for your rig, you can select "Default" for "Data bits", "Stop bits", and "Handshake".

Join main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.