Re: Delayed display of rcv'd decodes... #FT8

JP Tucson, AZ <samcat88az@...>

Hi Chuck,

According to my cpu & gpu monitors, the cpu has never hit 100% under normal conditions with wsjtx; most @ around 55-68%.  Even with 40-46 decodes per pass.

Duo core w/8Gb RAM helps with that, I guess.

I should add that I also wasn't on 'deep' or 'AP'.

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021, 9:47 AM Nc8q-mesh@... <nc8q-mesh@...> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 09:44 AM, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:

My cpu & gpu %'s are normal. Nothing else running in background, system not connected to internet.
JP:
I think that at least 1 core should be running at 100% during the decode.
The length of time it takes to complete the 3-pass decode is proportional to the CPU speed of that one core.
If your computer is not completing the 3rd pass withing the 15 seconds, perhaps you can reduce your audio bandwidth.
I hope this helps,
Chuck