locked Re: Feedback Noise when transmitting #AudioIssues #FT8 #signalink

Bruce

It sounds like it could be RFI getting into you audio cables. Eliminate that by doing a simple test. Reduce your FR power as low as your radio will go and see if you still have the problem. If problem does not exist at that power level, then slowly increase your RF power until the problem returns. Let me know your test results and we will go from there. Please find my direct email below..

73, Bruce, W8HW@...

On 1/23/2021 4:06 PM, Aaron Scott via groups.io wrote:
I have a problem that seems to come and go on its own and I would really like to get it figured out. I am running WSJT-X v2.2.2 on Windows 10. I transceiver is an Elecraft k2 connected to the pc with a SignaLink USB.
Here are the audio settings inWSJT-X
Input: Microphone (USB Audio CODEC)
Output: (USB Audio CODEC)

My PC audio is set to Speakers (USB Audio CODEC)

The problem is that when it goes to transmit, there is a loud audio feedback noise.
I asked this question on the FB group and was told to reinstall the drivers. So I unstalled WSJT-X and reinstalled it with no luck.
I'm pretty much done with FB so I come here.