locked Re: CAT problem on Yaesu FT-920 on 20m #Cat_RigControl

Scott Downard

I do haveĀ Settings->Radio->Mode->Data/Pkt" checked in WSJT-X.i have no issues on 40m or 80m. It's been recommended that I move my RF choke from inside the house to the antenna feed point. I'm going to try that this evening.

Scott - N7SMD

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021, 10:03 Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
Hi Scott,

do you have "Settings->Radio->Mode->Data/Pkt" checked in WSJT-X?

On 21/01/2021 16:58, Scott Downard wrote:
Thank you for the feedback. I tried with the power all the way down, but it's still not working. I do have an RFI choke, but it is close to the radio. I may need to move it outside to the antenna.

Scott - N7SMD

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021, 08:50 Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 21/01/2021 14:51, Scott Downard wrote:
> When using WSJTX to operate FT8 on 40, 80 and 160 meter, I have no
> issues. When I try to transmit on 30, 20, 17 and 15m, I get a CAT
> error. It either shows that it cannot verify VFO or PTT state and
> wants me to configure the radio settings again.I am running Windows 7
> 64bit. I am brand new to FT8 and just starting using it last night. I
> tried searching for a resolution, but could not locate one.
>
> Your help is appreciated,
>
> Scott Downard, N7SMD

Hi Scott,

rig control issues that only occur on some bands are invariably due to
RFI issues. Try reducing power to minimum, using a diferent aerial, or
dummy load to verify if RFI is causing the problem.