locked Re: WSJT-X waterfall freezes & stops decoding @ raspberry pi


Georgina Joyce
 

Hello,

I am struggling with this too. I have TS-590SG. I know my cable connection provides this output:

sources:
alsa_output.usb-Burr-Brown_from_TI_USB_Audio_CODEC-00.analog-stereo.monitor/#3: Monitor of PCM2903B Audio CODEC Analog Stereo
alsa_input.usb-Burr-Brown_from_TI_USB_Audio_CODEC-00.analog-stereo/#4: PCM2903B Audio CODEC Analog Stereo

This was from the command:

pacmd list-card.

I can amend the playback level but not the capture level. Like you it is hard to identify which setting to select on the audio tab of WSJTX. From memory, those drivers you tried were the audio stream for the HDMI ports.

I am sure you are right with using the burr brown identifier but as it has several listings it is difficult to know which are those required for RX & TX levels.

I shall watch this thread with interest because it is looking like these radios with a USB lead are probably using a very similar configuration.

Good luck

Gena
On 15 Jan 2021, at 17:13, dpsm64@... wrote:

Hi --

I too was suffering from the same problem until last night, when I stumbled upon a partial answer. I'm using a Raspberry Pi 4 which I loaded with the latest HamPi image, and was consistently finding that WSJT-X would freeze up after transmitting on either WSPR or FT8 (the only modes I tried). flrig stayed active, the transceiver (IC-7200) would still behave normally, and WSJT-X was still responsive (i.e., could still scroll the band activity window and click buttons, and still controlled the rig through flrig), but the waterfall froze and there was no further decoding of incoming signals.

My "fix", if you can call it that, was to go into the audio tab of WSJT-X settings and change the input device. I had it set to "default", which appeared to work -- before transmitting I was getting plenty of decodes, so the audio was definitely getting through. I changed the input to also_input.usb-Burr-Brown_from_TI_USB_Audio_CODEC-00.analog.mono. Doing that kept the waterfall working after transmitting, at least in my environment, and the decodes keep rolling in.

Now, the reason I say this is a partial fix is because I'm not sure I have the audio output settings right. I had that set to "default" too originally, so I suspect it needs to be set to something else. There are currently 31 options listed for audio output devices, and I'm not sure which one to pick. I'm pretty sure it's neither of the two "alsa_output.platform-bcm2835_audio.*" options -- tried both of those on WSPR last night and nobody seemed to hear me. The rig is keying up, but I suspect that I'm not modulating at all. So there's still work to do, but at least I have consistent decodes.

Hope this helps someone.

Georgina


Call: M0EBP
DMR ID: 2346259
Allstar: 52178
Locater: IO83PS

Join main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.