moderated Re: Possible solution to crashes & slow/intermittent operation #install #wsjt-x-crashing

bill.neuro

Can you explain how you switch to MySQL. Is this some kind of feature in HRD? I use Win10 and HRD with my FTdx3000 and wsjt-x and have been pleased.

My log has about 3,000 QSOs, but wsjt-x logs new QSOs into HRD cleanly and quickly. I manually enter SSB and CW QSOs into the HRD log, and that's smooth too. But maybe it's screwing with my decodes. Did you dump HRD's log altogether, or is there some kind of mod?

Bill K1NS

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device

-------- Original message --------
Date: 1/13/21 2:04 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Possible solution to crashes & slow/intermittent operation #install #wsjt-x-crashing

Thank you for that info.
I will turn off the gaming mode but I do frequently use the screen or video capture features so I'll need to remember to reenable it when needed.

My largest boost in performance was from changing from MS Access to MySQL for my HRD logging.
The larger the DB got the slower my system ran.   I even had to limit my log size to one year at a time.
Now that I changed to MySQL, the DB size does not seem to have an slowing effect on speed.

The next best performance increase came from changing from a mechanical disk drive to a SSD.
They are so inexpensive now that I highly recommend that everyone change and use the original drive as a backup.

I'm using a I7 laptop with W10 for my HAM computing needs.

Join main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.