locked Re: Involuntary CQing

Austin 2E0MNV

Thank you, I never knew about the ALL.txt file.  That could be useful.  There have been a few occasions where I'm not in club log or HRD log even though I was 100% convinced that we had a QSO that day.  It always happens with some new DXCC (that's the only time when it bothers me they failed to log me).

I know that it's not necessary to wait for a 73 before logging. I always log after an exchange of signal reports.  I do not wait for the 73.  I suspect it is users using automatic logging, where perhaps the auto logging software is only recording after a 73 is received.  Anyhow, if you don't have quick trigger fingers, it's easy to send an involuntary CQ instead of a second 73.