locked Re: How to complete a QSO when both hams have non-standard call sign? #QSO_practices #NewUser #FT8

Reino Talarmo

Hi Shervin,

As you know protocol cannot support that as such. One solution is to use free text messages and only a single call sign e.g. you could receive “VE7HQT R+10“, but both operators need to know what to send and what expect; very few know how. In your case full call sign is possible only for “DV9/VE7HQT 73”. With the same method locator and RR73 can be sent. As you see a good typist is needed and there is no automatic call completion.

73, Reino OH3mA

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sherwin, VE7HQT
Sent: 12. tammikuuta 2021 15:43
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] How to complete a QSO when both hams have non-standard call sign? #FT8 #NewUser #QSO_practices

Hello,

I use DV9/VE7HQT as my call since my QTH is in the Philippines.

When I answer a CQ of another ham with a non-standard DX prefixed call sign, we were both stuck in a never ending loop since we both could not send the dB signal strengths.

For those who use non-standard call sign, how do you complete your QSOs with another ham who also has a non-standard call sign? I've read the developer's note regarding non-standard calls, but it doesn't offer any advice on this issue.

Sherwin

Join main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.