locked sticky Re: Mac M1 Memory Error

Bill Somerville

On 12/01/2021 13:54, invl160 Davis wrote:
Hi Bill
I spent a couple of hours yesterday trying to create the LaunchDaemon.  It was quite difficult to follow all the steps I found in a YouTube video.  Anyway I did complete
the file but it didn't work for me.  Obviously my next to nil knowledge of Apple coding is the issue not the instructions.!

I did see a note in a posting on theis WSJTX group  about making sure that file sysctl.conf is on your computer.  i search on my iMac but can't find that file.  I have a 2017 iMac Ver 11.1 MacOS Big Sur
The note about sysctl.conf referenced a README note about how to install it.  I looked in all the folders associated with the WSJT-X but cannot find the notes about sysctl.conf

Can you direct me to it.

73 Frank VO1HP

Hi Frank,

the sysctl.conf file is right next to the ReadMe.txt file on the WSJT-X installer DMG, but as said before it does not work on macOS running on M1 hardware for some unknown reason. As explained in the latest ReadMe.txt file shipped with the WSJT-X v2.3.0 RC3 beta release, the relevant sysctl commands have to be run manually to adjust the kernel shared memory configuration for the current system session.