locked How to complete a QSO when both hams have non-standard call sign? #QSO_practices #NewUser #FT8

Sherwin, VE7HQT

Hello,

I use DV9/VE7HQT as my call since my QTH is in the Philippines.

When I answer a CQ of another ham with a non-standard DX prefixed call sign, we were both stuck in a never ending loop since we both could not send the dB signal strengths.

For those who use non-standard call sign, how do you complete your QSOs with another ham who also has a non-standard call sign? I've read the developer's note regarding non-standard calls, but it doesn't offer any advice on this issue.

73,
Sherwin