locked Re: Involuntary CQing

Reino Talarmo

On Jan 11, 2021, at 14:10, Reino Talarmo <reino.talarmo@kolumbus.fi> wrote:
I think that you have a minor failure in your thinking.
After a restart you don’t have a selected target except CQ. Why not first receive and try to find again that super rare DX and select it before enabling TX?
I complained about this long ago and it catches me often. I almost never call CQ, and don’t want to most of the time. On the rare occasion that I do, I typically work 5-10 stations in a row before I hit a period of rest. Also, If I use TX5 to send a directional CQ (i.e. CQ DX, CQ RI, CQ AS, etc.) I seriously don’t want to send out a series of TX6 without wanting to. I’ve sent many a CQ inadvertently when the program decided that it was the thing to do and switched without me noticing it. I’ve love to see a CQ inhibit function right up front so that it can be prevented.
Gary - AG0N
Gary,

You may as well edit TX6 and put there your directed call " CQ EU AG0N " and then you don't send a general CQ at all.

73, Reino OH3mA